Ampthill Great Park Bushcraft – Full day – Session 1 and 2
July 28 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Introduction To Bushcraft.
Session 1 and 2
Complete sessions 1 and 2 in one day. This is an intensive day that will provide you with plenty of hands on time to practice what you are learning.
The morning will be session 1 and the afternoon session 2. Depending on the weather we may mix the schedule a little but we will attempt to cover the syllabus in the day.
This first introduction to bushcraft will provide you with a basic foundation upon which you can start to build your bushcraft knowledge.
You will receive insight into the world of bushcraft and start to think about the things around you in a different way.
During the 8 hour session you will receive instruction on various skills and have time to practice those skills yourself.
This session will not make you and expert in anything! you will need lots of practice and for some of the topics you will need further sessions of training.
Minimum age 13. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Session 1 (morning)
- Introductions, site tour and ‘what is bushcraft’
- Shelter fundamentals and options.
- Build a simple Tarp shelter and 4 knots. (taut tarp hitch, evenk/Siberian hitch, taut line hitch, bowline)
- Fire lighting challenge.
- Demo fire making. Fire steel, flint, solar, chemical. Include tinder and wet weather.
- Anything else we have time for..
Session 2 (afternoon)
- Work together to light the camp fire.
- Knife law and safety.
- Knife usage – Cutting, shaving, splitting etc..
- Intro to axe and saw.
- Whittling challenge
- Return to fire lighting, introduction to friction fire.
- Next steps.